Benjamin Freemyer, MD
Dr. Benjamin Freemyer
Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist
Dr. Benjamin Freemyer is a dermatologist whose professional interests include skin cancer, general dermatology, complex medical dermatology, and dermatopathology.
Dr. Freemyer holds a Bachelor of Science in biology from Baylor University, where he graduated summa cum laude. He then pursued his medical education at McGovern Medical School in Houston, Texas, where he graduated as a distinguished member of the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society.
Dr. Freemyer completed his internship at the Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. He then returned to Houston to refine expertise in dermatology, completing his residency and dermatopathology fellowship at McGovern Medical School. Dr. Freemyer has authored numerous articles in a diverse range of medical journals.
Dr. Freemyer is a native Texan, born and raised in San Antonio. As a child, he loved spending time outdoors with his family and was also passionate about tennis and music. He met his high-school sweetheart during choir rehearsal, and they went on to marry six years later. They now have two wonderful daughters.
Inspired by his father’s selfless dedication to medicine and fueled by his own passion for science, Dr. Freemyer pursued a pre-medical degree at Baylor University. During this time, he continued to explore his love for the great outdoors by working for Baylor’s Outdoor Adventure program, where he staffed the rock wall, high ropes course, and marina.
After completing his medical degree at McGovern Medical School in Houston, Dr. Freemyer spent one year in Dallas completing an internship before returning to Houston to pursue his passion for dermatology. He completed his dermatology residency and dermatopathology fellowship at McGovern Medical School, further honing his skills and knowledge in his field.
Following the completion of his training, Dr. Freemyer and his wife, Ali, decided to relocate their family to the beautiful city of Colorado Springs. Driven by the passion that he saw in the Vanguard Skin Specialists team to serve others, Dr. Freemyer was inspired to join. He and his family are excited to be a part of a community with so much natural beauty and outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Freemyer B, Hamilton E, Warneke CL, et al. Treatment outcomes in pediatric melanoma-Are there benefits to specialized care? J Pediatr Surg. 2016;51(12):2063-2067.
- Freemyer B, Stoff B, Ethical Challenges with Treating Non-Adherent Patients in a Group Practice Setting, J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018 Sep;79(3):596-598.
- Freemyer B, Migden MR, Silapunt S. Linear Terra Firma-Forme Dermatosis of the Midline Back. Cutis. 2018; 101(3): 205-206.
- Freemyer B, Drozd B, Suarez A. A Cross-sectional study of YouTube Videos about Atopic Dermatitis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018;78(3):612-613.
- Freemyer B, Cabala T, Patel A. A Case Report of a Cutaneous Mucinous Reaction Associated with Erlotinib Therapy Used in the Treatment of Metastatic Tonsillar Sinus Squamous Cell Carcinoma. J Immunother Precis Oncol. 2020; 3 (1): 31-33.
- Karri, P., Freemyer, B., Aboul-Fettouh, N., Patel, A. B., Curry, J. L., Rogge, M. (2020). Plasma Cell Myeloma with Immature Plasma Cells in the Skin Arising Within Chronic Stasis Dermatitis. JAAD Case Rep. 2020 Nov 6;7:26-29.
- Karri PV, Freemyer BD, Pacha O, Patel AB. Characterization of Cutaneous Adverse Events Associated With PI3K Inhibitors in 11 Patients. J Immunother Precis Oncol. 2020 Nov 12;3(4):141-146.
- Bur D, Ibraheim MK, Freemyer B, Koshelev M. Granular cell tumor: importance of histopathology in determining malignant potential. Dermatol Online J. 2021 May 15;27(5).