History and Values
Vanguard Skin Specialists was founded in the summer of 2009. Dr. Vinh Chung and his wife, Leisle Chung, began the practice with a vision to make it the center of excellence in Colorado for the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer.
Having trained at Harvard and Emory, Dr. Chung wanted to achieve the same standards of premier medical care in Southern Colorado. With a business background and education from Harvard Business School, Leisle believed that the best customer service principles could be applied to a medical practice. The goal: provide the standard of care found in a major medical center, but in an environment that is accessible, warm, and welcoming to patients.
Over time, Vanguard Skin Specialists has grown with additional medical providers and staff members who also believe in Vanguard’s operating principles and values. It’s Vanguard’s people and values that set us apart.
Who We Are
Our doctors and midlevels describe Vanguard in 30 seconds
Our Operating Principles & Values
Vanguard has a set of core operating principles that guide the practice. These operating principles were adopted the first month of Vanguard’s existence in 2009, and they are the compass that guides the practice.
- We are passionate about delivering the best medical care and patient experience possible.
- We go the extra mile to take care of our patients.
- We are professionals who act with integrity at all times.
- We create a positive working environment, where we operate as one team and never let another team member fail.
- We partner with other community doctors to ensure patients receive coordinated and thorough care.
- We make a positive impact on our patients, our community, and the world at large.